Upgrade to clamav 0.90.2 makes scanning extremely slow

Kapetanakis Giannis bilias at edu.physics.uoc.gr
Fri Apr 27 15:58:41 IST 2007

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Glenn Steen wrote:

> Yes, byt basically you are showing that Jules is right that there is
> no real big performance reason to implement clamdscan in MS... Then
> again, if enough people want it, he'll likely add it just to keep
> 'em
> quiet:-):-). ... Once he's well enough, of course.
>
> Cheers

I'm not saying that something is wrong with MailScanner
or clamav module,
but ase both this list and the clamav list shows,
a lot of people are complaining right now about clamscan and
it's performance since 0.90.2 (not everbody)

This is not a fact yet, since not everyone experiencing
the same performance downgrade.
Performance downgrade also exists with clamavmodule.
Clamd on the other hand works fast.

This is at least what is going on with my setup.
Maybe it has to do with comilation and pthreads
as someone said. Maybe is something else.
I don't have a clue :)

In the last message I saw,
a clamav developer said that they know about it and that
they'll fix it in the next version...

Giannis