Disable virus checks for high spam

Kapetanakis Giannis bilias at edu.physics.uoc.gr
Fri Apr 27 09:29:45 IST 2007

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Gareth wrote:

> The problem is that to make sure you are protected from viruses you
> would also have to delete and not quarantine high scoring spam.
> This is because messages released from quaranteen are normally delivered
> without furthur scanning.

You are right,

but my incoming mail, 80% is high scored spam
and my virus ratio is only 0.2%.

Maybe an ideal solution would be to put a box
in front to do spam checks only, then forward it
to virus checking machine, then to incoming MX.

I can't affort to have seperate systems
for virus/spam checking...

Maybe I'll try to use a second IP on an alias interface
and bind there a seperate postfix/MailScanner
to forward from 1 to 2 .

That would be fun :)

Giannis