FW: User Preferences

Jeroen Koekkoek jtm.koekkoek at home.nl
Fri Apr 27 00:04:31 IST 2007

Hi

Wouldn’t it just be easier to use LDAP with MailScanner? You could just write a PHP script to update the LDAP tree, I believe MailScanner itself uses a pretty clever way of checking for modifications. Of course if using MySQL is a requirement you should update MailScanner ☺ to support it.

If  you continue to use the method you described you should implement a priority column, MailScanner goes through the rules and uses the first one it finds. Because of this it’s very important to use the following order:

local_part at domain.tld
@domain.tld
default

Please correct me if I’m wrong. Also it would be nice if some released a MailScanner PHP class that can be included and takes care of automatically determining in what order to place the rules.

Kind Regards,

Jeroen Koekkoek