quarantined HAM in queue files

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Thu Apr 26 13:12:14 IST 2007

On Thu, April 26, 2007 10:16, Bart van den Heuvel wrote:
> OK, so i can leave the extention out when i copy the queue file.

Well sort of. You shouldn't be copying anything with that extension. if
you cd /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/<date>/<queuefile>.<4digits> and
list the contents, what do you get?

You should see another file just called <queuefile> this is the one to
change the permissions, owner (If required) and copy to the relevent
queue.

> The main problem is that if i requeue the file in the respective queue the
> message stands there until i do a (in webmin it is also not mentioned as a
> queued message):
>
> postfix check
>
> then the file disapeares into nothingness, it is never mentioned in any
> log (/var/log/mail.log) even postfix -vv check never mentionds the queue
> file operation.

The reason the file you are copying will go is that Postfix will recreate
the hashed queue directories if it detects no mail in the queue. The file
you have been moving about can't be a queue file (As Postfix knows it) or
it would have been detected and processed.

Hope this helps.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ