Fast Dual Core or slower Quad Core..?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 09:31:27 IST 2007

On 26/04/07, Paul Hutchings <paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk> wrote:
> I think the realistic answer is "not enough for it to matter" (approx
> 30k a week of all shapes and sized), but I'm thinking if MailScanner
> runs X processes it might be better to have several slower cores than 2
> fast cores?
>
> Paul

More or less ... Depends on _how much_ slower...:-)
It is likely not the "big thing" one might think though... I/O and RAM
is far more important, IMO.

Personally I still like the DL3X5 variants better, but that is neither
here nor there (oh how all the Intel fans will bash me now:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn