No sendmail processes start when MS starts

Alden Levy alden at engineno9inc.com
Wed Apr 25 13:01:13 IST 2007

: Alden

: Try "service MailScanner startin"

: This starts the incoming sendmail. Have a look for errors In the logs -
: /var/log/messages and /var/log/maillog.

: Also have a look at the mailscanner rc script and make sure things are
: pointing at the correct sendmail configs/binaries etc...

: --
: Martin Hepworth
: Snr Systems Administrator
: Solid State Logic
: Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

Martin,
That did it.  Thanks.

Basically, when I "service MailScanner startin", I just got a command prompt
back.  I then examined /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner (actually,
MailScanner_app_init).  startin and startout were blank!

I was able to pull over the file from my old, working server and overwrite
the bad file and it looks like everything is working now.  I know I never
mentioned Ensim, but I'm wondering if the Ensim setup is different from a
standard install.  On my old server, my install of Ensim predates Ensim's
integration of MailScanner, so I always ran MS from the command line, not
from the Ensim control panel.

Regards,
Alden

Alden Levy