No sendmail processes start when MS starts

Mike Kercher mike at vesol.com
Wed Apr 25 03:05:45 IST 2007

mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info <> scribbled on :

:
: I'd also look in other logs...could this be an SELinux problem?
:
: Mike
:
: SELinux is disabled. And, yes, I restarted MailScanner after
: the install.
: Would that it were so easy! Please keep the ideas and
: suggestions coming.
:
: Thanks,
: Alden
:

How about some log entries from /var/log/maillog and /var/log/messages
at the time of a 'service MailScanner restart'.  Just do this:

# service MailScanner restart;tail -f /var/log/maillog /var/log/message

Paste a bit of those logs and also a ps -ef  Might as well throw a
chkconfig sendmail --list in there too.

Mike