Postfix milter with MailScanner , extra 0 problem

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:16:23 IST 2007

On 23/04/07, ram <ram at netcore.co.in> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 17:18 +0200, Glenn Steen wrote:
> > On 23/04/07, ram <ram at netcore.co.in> wrote:
> > > I have just written a *very* simple milter with postfix that logs the
> > > incoming mail clients ip address ( of course for testing)
> > >
> > > When I use postfix alone the milter works fine.
> > > When I use MailScanner MS seems to insert an extra "0" in the body of
> > > the mail. I have got no idea why ?
> > >
> > > Is this a bug ?
> > >
> > Sort of. What you see is Postfix adding in "possible p record jumpoff
> > points". MailScanner doesn't handle that yet.
> > If you look at the archives for "p records", "patches" and possibly
> > "Nerijus" you could find the patches I made to handle these (for
> > Postfix 2.3. 2.4 can do full body edits, I only have a rather rough
> > patch available for that)... If you can't find them, give a shout and
> > I'll send you what I have so far, tomorrow.
> >
> > The patches aim at removing the p records entirely... Since we
> > construct a completely new queue file, there really is no value in
> > preserving them.
> >
> > Nerijus Baliunas (and I) have been running those patches for a few
> > months (or somesuch) without problems.
> >

> Can I get these patches
> Might be I would try them for myself

Please do!

These patches are for use with Postfix 2.3... Although PFDiskStore.pm
will handle the body edits we need do some check to see that all the
body is there by spinning through the p records in ReadQf (in
Postfix.pm)... Or something smarter (I'm open to sugegstions:-).
If you need that (and run PF 2.4) I can probably find my patch for
that too ... somewhere...:-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn