Postfix milter with MailScanner , extra 0 problem

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:18:30 IST 2007

On 23/04/07, ram <ram at netcore.co.in> wrote:
> I have just written a *very* simple milter with postfix that logs the
> incoming mail clients ip address ( of course for testing)
>
> When I use postfix alone the milter works fine.
> When I use MailScanner MS seems to insert an extra "0" in the body of
> the mail. I have got no idea why ?
>
> Is this a bug ?

Sort of. What you see is Postfix adding in "possible p record jumpoff
points". MailScanner doesn't handle that yet.
If you look at the archives for "p records", "patches" and possibly
"Nerijus" you could find the patches I made to handle these (for
Postfix 2.3. 2.4 can do full body edits, I only have a rather rough
patch available for that)... If you can't find them, give a shout and
I'll send you what I have so far, tomorrow.

The patches aim at removing the p records entirely... Since we
construct a completely new queue file, there really is no value in
preserving them.

Nerijus Baliunas (and I) have been running those patches for a few
months (or somesuch) without problems.

Unfortunately Jules illness taking a bad turn happened to coincide
with me sending off the patches to him... So they haven't made it into
MailScanner proper. Yet. Let the man get a bit better before we start
yammering at him to incorporate them (or better yet, something more
clever than what I've done:-)... Eh;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn