Ignoring last received from

ram ram at netcore.co.in
Mon Apr 23 16:06:23 IST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 15:22 +0200, Alex wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I'm playing with a damned configuration I cant' figure how to have i t
> working.
>
> THE PROBLEM
> =============
> All the mail that comes on some servere passes on STMP servers that are
> behind a firewall.
>
> Those servers are placed in a DMZ and use Postfix with load balancing.
>
> Those SMTP servers decide where to send their mail on different mail
> servers using sendmail AND Mailscanner.
>

> INTERNET ----->firewall----->SMTP servers (10.0.0.55)------- route to
> SMTP using MS -->Mailscanner
>
> If I set up a wihitelist like the following
>
> From:   1.2.3.4    and   To: address at domain   yes
>

> it will never match since the headers of the received mail on the
> Mailscanner servers look like

I too have the same problem, I have been looking for a  fix since 3
months now.

Probably the only way now is to use a high negative score in
spamassassin by using a meta custom ruleset of the combination of the
incoming ip address and the domain

Very messy thing to do but I cannot see any alternative

Thanks
Ram