Ignoring last received from

Alex alex at skynet-srl.com
Mon Apr 23 14:22:37 IST 2007

Hi guys

I'm playing with a damned configuration I cant' figure how to have i t
working.

THE PROBLEM
=============
All the mail that comes on some servere passes on STMP servers that are
behind a firewall.

Those servers are placed in a DMZ and use Postfix with load balancing.

Those SMTP servers decide where to send their mail on different mail
servers using sendmail AND Mailscanner.

INTERNET ----->firewall----->SMTP servers (10.0.0.55)------- route to
SMTP using MS -->Mailscanner

If I set up a wihitelist like the following

From:   1.2.3.4    and   To: address at domain   yes

it will never match since the headers of the received mail on the
Mailscanner servers look like

Received from: 10.0.0.55 <----- this is the internal IP of the last
passed trough SMTP server
Received from : 1.2.3.4   <---- this is the public INTERNET server who
sent the mail and I cant' match to...

THE SOLUTIONS I TRIED (with no success)
=====================
a) used the Remove Header in MS configuration, but this seems top only
match complete headers.

    I cannote remove
   Received from : 10.0.0.

but I can remove all the receive from headers (uselsess for my problem)

b) It seems I cant find a m4 macro to tell sendmail not to avoid adding
the Received from  header (it's so easy in Postfix)

I don't think I'm the  only one with this problem.

How did you guys solve this?

TIA

Alessandro