I need all files that are removed to be quarantined and not deleted.

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Fri Apr 20 08:53:07 IST 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 23:19, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This has been a recurring problem here and I've not be able to solve
> it
> on my own. I REALLY need for MailScanner to quarantine EVERY file that
> it removes from an email so that, if needed, I can use Pine (or some
> such) to send that file to the intended recipient.
>
> My boss had a zip file removed that he needs but I've looked everyone
> and I can't find a file or a quarantine email even though I've got
> tons
> of emails quarantined in /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/. I don't
> know what's being quarantined or why. (So many options to choose from
> in
> the MailScanner config.)
>
> I don't want to allow all attachments for one (or more) users and I
> don't want to allow all types of a certain files (e.g. zip files). I
> want to keep the same rules as I have now but add the flexibility of
> resending attachments if I need to.
>
> How can I do this?Quarantine Infections = yes
Quarantine Silent Viruses = yes
Quarantine Modified Body = no
Quarantine Whole Message = yes
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = no
Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean = no

If you are using clamavmodule have a look on my website
http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/mailscanner/ for a patch to disable clamav
detecting encrypted archives as viruses. Then if you use mailwatch you
can use its interface to release messages as long as they dont contain a
virus (mailwatch wont allow you to release a virus).