I'm back at home

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:51:27 IST 2007

On 19/04/07, Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us> wrote:
> Glenn Steen wrote:
>
> >> Glenn's on vacation in S.E. Asia
> >
> > Wouldn't call the last anything worth mentioning, Kev...:-). Alas, I'm
> > back at work now, trying to wade through everything that has backed up
> > during my absence.... Sigh.
>
> Well, it's just that the rest of us weren't on vacation, and, er, are
> just a bit jealous. <g>
There's a Swedish saying (that will _not_ translate well) along the
lines "The only true joy is the hurtfull joy"... Skadeglädje... The
Germans have a word for it too, but I don't know german, so ...:-).
Basic concept is that you enjoy your own situation much more knowing
that others have it worse..;-)

> Good to see you back too...
Thanks&Cheers
--