Continuing saga of ClamAV module

Leonardo Helman mailscanner at lists.com.ar
Mon Apr 16 13:45:21 IST 2007

Yes, that's a possible solution, but why don't you
change the MailScanner.conf as someone posted

something like
Monitor For Clam... = /path/to/clamfiles/main.inc/* /path/.../daily.inc/* /path/to.../*.cvd

There must be at least one file to watch (with file lenght not 0),
and MS "reloads" the files (not exactly) if the existing files (at
start) had changed in the meantime

Here is the code from SweepViruses.pm (for the nonveryperl "-s" returns
the size of the archive)

  # Build the hash of the size of all the watch files
  my(@watchglobs, $glob, @filelist, $file, $filecount);
  @watchglobs = split(" ", MailScanner::Config::Value('clamwatchfiles'));
  $filecount = 0;
  foreach $glob (@watchglobs) {
    @filelist = glob($glob);
    foreach $file (@filelist) {
      $Clamwatchfiles{$file} = -s $file;
      $filecount++;
    }
  }
  MailScanner::Log::DieLog("None of the files matched by the \"Monitors " .
    "For ClamAV Updates\" patterns exist!") unless $filecount>0;

And then

# Have the ClamAV database files been modified? (changed size)
# If so, abandon this child process altogether and start again.
# This is called from the main WorkForHours() loop
#
sub ClamUpgraded {
  my($watch, $size);

  return 0 unless $Claminuse;

  while (($watch, $size) = each %Clamwatchfiles) {
    if ($size != -s $watch) {
      MailScanner::Log::InfoLog("ClamAV update of $watch detected, " .
                                "resetting ClamAV Module");
      return 1;
    }
  }