SMTP AUTH and skipping MailScanner Spam checks.

Jim Barber jim.barber at ddihealth.com
Mon Apr 16 08:17:28 IST 2007

Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> Search the list archives for a recent thread "Adding Signature based on
> header?". Steve Freegard of FSL was generous to contribute a "Custom
> Function" to something similar (which can be trivially modified for your
> use). I am still testing it out, once done i'll add it to the wiki for
> Steve's review.

Thanks.

I've found the thread and downloaded the code posted by Steve Freegard.
I've also seen Ken A's code snippet to prevent SA caching if particular headers exist.
 From those I think I should be able to write a perl routine to detect the headers I need.

BUT it's not clear to me how these custom functions are used.
Obviously you place them in the /etc/MailScanner/CustumFunctions area, but how are they called, triggered, etc?
How do I stop spam checks from happening by using these functions?
Can you tie the function to the "Spam Checks" setting in the MailScanner.conf file somehow?
I've got the logic, but I haven't got the glue :)

If I get something going, I'll post it back against this thread as quick mini-howto I guess.

Regards,