How to released quarantined mail in mailscanner

Yuniarto Nugroho nug_hoho8 at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Apr 16 08:16:34 IST 2007

Hi, my name is Nugroho.

  Right now, I just start to learn mail filtering using MailScanner (using postfix as MTA). When I send an email with attachment (for example cmd.exe), it will be quarantined.
  And the recipient will receive warning and attachment that tells about the name fie which is quarantined, e.g
  Note to Help Desk: Look on the testing.labtest.co.id () MailScanner in /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20070416 (message 38BF94F15A.2CA1B).

  I've read this documentation: http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:how_to:release_quarantined_mail

  but when execute the command: cp -p 38BF94F15A /var/spool/postfix/incoming

  there is an error: cp: cannot stat `38BF94F15A': No such file or directory

  Or when I try to execute this command : cp -p 38BF94F15A.2CA1B /var/spool/postfix/incoming/
  there is an error: cp: omitting directory `38BF94F15A.2CA1B'

So, the quarantined mail cannot be released.

  Any body can help me to solve this problem?

  Thanks,
  Nugroho