Feature Request

Jay Chandler chandler.lists at chapman.edu
Fri Apr 13 02:30:26 IST 2007

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> You need to block SMTP from anyone but acknowledged and well
> controlled servers in your network.
Ya think? :-)

This has been done.  Note that the way this particular instance took
place was a user had a weak or leaked password, so the spammer came in
through our webmail gateway.  Flow control won't work on that machine,
as it services hundreds of users.  Neither will IP based restrictions.
The only think I can think of that would have caught this would have
been measuring the volume-- they're forced to use their own email
address, so after the first dozen messages, I'd have loved for something
to have said "Wait a damned second here..."

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator