Bouncing to spoofed domain name

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Fri Apr 13 00:22:17 IST 2007

I use sendmail and it will REJECT (not bounce, bouncing to anything
spoofed is bad) Domains that don't really exist. If you want to REJECT
on a spoofed eMail address then you should use sender address
verification. The one I use is smf-sav. It works very well. (I use
sendmail)

<rant>
I absolutely hate eMail providers that accept eMail THEN check to see
if the sender exists and bounces it back to the spoofed "From:"
address if not. This should be done during the SMTP phase and REJECT
so only the spoofing sender is bothered. Most of these servers wind up
on my blacklist wind up on my blacklist.
</rant>

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class w/code): KA6LSW
GMRS : WQGF680
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt,
Equip, UW Photographer, Gas Blender

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"