Feature Request

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Apr 12 16:54:32 IST 2007

Dennis Willson spake the following on 4/11/2007 4:52 PM:

> Hmmmmm... How does scanning the outgoing messages generate an "Alert"?
> While it is in fact good to scan outgoing messages, I believe he wants
> notification that a client is comprimised or a Spammer, not just filtering.
>
> Personally I use a different outgoing server with different rule sets
> than the MX. You can then set the rules to notify the sender that they
> have sent Spam/Virus, etc... and copy the postmaster (you).
I just notify postmaster, and kill the machine remotely or remove it from the
network until I can fix it. A few years ago I had someone bring in their
personal laptop and connect it to the network without permission. It had
sasser or something like it, and brought that network segment to its knees
until I found it and pulled the plug. I never thought one machine could flood
that much traffic!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and