Feature Request

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Apr 12 15:34:57 IST 2007

Jeff A. Earickson a écrit :
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Jay Chandler wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:11:36 -0700
>> From: Jay Chandler <chandler.lists at chapman.edu>
>> To: MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
>> Subject: Feature Request
>>
>> Recently had a user account become compromised and start spewing spam.
>>
>> Is there any functionality within MailScanner that can alert me once
>> one user sends more than a predefined number of messages in a given
>> time period?  If not, I'd dearly love to see this implemented...
>
> This might not be quite what you are looking for, but check out the
> IPBlock
> feature of MailScanner.  You can set it up to block email from a certain
> IP after a set amount per hour, configurable by CIDR netblocks.  I use
> IPBlock for both external large IP netblocks (eg, APNIC) and for
> netblocks
> in our own class-B domain.  For instance, I have the allowed number of
> messages per hour coming out of our public wireless subnets cranked down
> to a low number.  I don't want some spambot from god-knows-where coming
> into one of these wireless subnets and then spewing.   They get 20
> messages
> out then get shut down automagically.   Scan the list archives for
> IPBlock.
>
> Jeff Earickson
> Colby College
I used to use IPBlock but found it didn't perform well enough when many
emails come in real fast and pile up in the inqueue before MS can take a
look at them.

I now use milter-limit (with sendmail) and have eliminated the pile ups
in the inqueue.  Check http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-limit/.
It's free.

Denis

--