OT : alternative to postfix hold queue as it's used by mailscanner

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Wed Apr 11 21:22:24 IST 2007

Can you elaborate a bit more on exactly what you want to do.
It sounds like you are currently using mailscanner and postfix in a hold
queue configuration with imap on the local server?
You want to move some users one at a time so in order to move the data you
want to :-
1) for a particular user halt mail delivery.
2) Sync the mail to the new imap server.
3) Configure postfix to deliver to the new imap server for the migrated user
only.
4) Start releasing the users mail.

I cant see the fact that you are using a hold queue being a problem. Once
the mail has been requeued back into the normal incoming queue then postfix
should follow its normal delivery methods including transport maps if you
have them defined.

I dont know how you would stop mail for a particular user though. Perhaps
you can configure a seaprate hold queue and move mails from there to the
regular hold queue when you want them scanned and released? I dont know if
this is possible.