Clam module broken after main.cvd update

Ken ka at pacific.net
Wed Apr 11 04:32:25 IST 2007

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We have seen several servers barfing due to a broken clamlib after a
> update of freshclam.
>
> Tonight clamav released a new main.cvd, when this happened the update
> files were placed inside subdirs, this is part of the new clamav
> update scheme.
>
> Mailscanner however dont take this and will report:
>
> Apr 11 02:37:25 vmx120 MailScanner[1011]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
> Apr 11 02:37:30 vmx120 MailScanner[1013]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
> Apr 11 02:37:35 vmx120 MailScanner[1016]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
> Apr 11 02:37:40 vmx120 MailScanner[1018]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
> Apr 11 02:37:45 vmx120 MailScanner[1023]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
> Apr 11 02:37:50 vmx120 MailScanner[1029]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
> Apr 11 02:37:55 vmx120 MailScanner[1035]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
> Apr 11 02:38:00 vmx120 MailScanner[1037]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
> Apr 11 02:38:05 vmx120 MailScanner[1040]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
> Apr 11 02:38:10 vmx120 MailScanner[1062]: None of the files matched by
> the "Monitors For ClamAV Updates" patterns exist!
>
> This will give defuncts on all your MS processes.
>
> The behaviour is only with 0.9x so be aware you will for sure see your
> incomming queue raise till you manually fix this.
>
> On my system clam created dirs like:
>
> /usr/local/share/clamav/daily.inc
>
> I removed all inside /usr/local/share/clamav/ (all subdirs also) and
> did a freshclam. Now the main.cvd remains in the main dir again and
> its going again.
>
> This is most likely a temp fix till someone fixes MS to detect this. ;)
>
> If you see the above behaviour, or wonder why your MS is defuncting
> all off the sudden, you know what to do....
>
> Bye,
> Raymond.

Raymond,
THANKS! You saved me some work in the morning figuring out why
"clamav-milter[27727]: Database error - clamav-milter is stopping " was
filling my maillogs on a mail hub and another outgoing server. My MS
instances are very patiently waiting for some official work on clamav
.9x integration.
Ken Anderson
Pacific.Net