New Server Specs?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Fri Apr 6 08:34:03 IST 2007

Appreciate the detailed reply Greg.

For various reasons (non technical) it looks like Sun are off the menu
so we're back to HP.

At present I'm looking at 2 boxes.  The DL320 G5 and the DL140 G3.

Both work out at identical prices.

The difference being the DL320 would have a 3050 Xeon and 1gb of RAM and
the DL140 would have a 5110 Xeon and 2gb of RAM.

I'm leaning towards the DL140 simply because it has more RAM for the
money, and I believe it's more of a "proper" server i.e. server
optimized chip/chipset (and has a second CPU socket) whilst the DL320
appears to almost be a desktop CPU put into a rackmount?

Disk wise I think a pair of 80gb SATA's should be sufficient.