SPF_Fail score too low?

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Apr 5 23:07:56 IST 2007

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Res wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Chris Yuzik wrote:
>
>> So what scoring would you recommend for each of these?
>
> If a network admin decides to hardfail, its because he wants networks
> employing SPF to reject mail that fails, who are we to decide to do
> different, we should honour what THEY want done with fake mail.

Bugger, hit enter too soon.

scenario:
1/ you run a network that has thousands of users, abc.com

2/ I have xyz.com, I choose to hardfail

3/ tj on 1.2.3.4 (not my customer) fakes tj at xyz.com

4/ tj sends successfuly sends 5000 emails into abc.com

5/ my staff get bombarded with thousands of your users forwarding to
    abuse at xyz ... all because we said DROP EM but you decide to SCORE EM

6/ I instruct my staff to block  abc.com to abuse at xyz.com removing your
    ability to complain to us in the case of a genuine issue, you get
frustrated at us for ignoreing you......and you'll wonder why :)

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell know what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/