stopping clamav detecting encrypted zip files

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Thu Apr 5 10:10:41 IST 2007

Gareth wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 17:04, Aaron K. Moore wrote:
>
>> Are you using the clamavmodule?  I've had the same problem.  There's a
>> commandline switch to turn that notice if when using clamscan, but not
>> with the module.  I'd suggested earlier that someone should add code for
>> clamav, like the code for Sophos that allows you to specify messages to
>> ignore.
>
> I think its a bug in Mailscanner. There appears to be code in place in
> the routine which calls clamavmodule which disables blocking of
> encrypted files if there is a config option 'allowpasszips' set but I
> cannot find that option.
>
> Anyway below is a diff which disables blocking of encrypted archives
> which is working fine for me.
>
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm
> 1069c1069
> <                                Mail::ClamAV::CL_SCAN_BLOCKENCRYPTED()
> |
> ---
>> #                               Mail::ClamAV::CL_SCAN_BLOCKENCRYPTED()

[Quoting Julian from 07/20/2005]
If you have MailScanner set to allow password-protected zip and rar
archives, then this option is disabled. If you have it set to block
password-protected archives, then this option is enabled.
[Quoting Julian from 07/20/2005]

See this thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/30201