OT: Multiple Outgoing IPs?

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Thu Apr 5 09:46:54 IST 2007

Res wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
>> There is no argument that the Distro default version is not update the
>> way most would like.
>
> Redhat themselves state (and have done so for many many  years)
> backports are security fixes only and wont include new features,
> afterall to do that they have to up the version to current

This statement though true is not really necessarily the case
practically.. for instance: spamassassin in rhel4 is 3.1.8 (started at
3.0.2) which is also the latest stable. This was done primarily for
security fixes, but features got upgraded in the bargain. I could cite a
few more examples if required (postfix 2.1.x to postfix 2.2.x etc).