[somewhat OT] multiple relayhosts-style behaviour in postfix 2.0.x?

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Wed Apr 4 17:42:13 IST 2007

On Wed, April 4, 2007 16:42, Daniel Maher wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I am curious if anybody knows of a way to have Postfix 2.0.x to exhibit
> the behaviour of multiple relayhost entries?

Have you considered using always_bcc?

All you would need to do is set always_bcc = test at domain

Then in your aliases file:

test  test at box.1 test at box.2 etc

then put a transport entry in your transport maps file like:

box.1  smtp:ip.add.ress.1
box.2  smtp:ip.add.ress.2

Then all mail coming in will automatically be sent to the test boxes as
well as delivered as normal. If you set up all the boxes together you
should be able to run some direct comparisons between them all.

HTH

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ