I'm back at home

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Tue Apr 3 20:38:56 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:
> I spent 2 1/2 weeks unconscious in intensive care with 10 monitors, 9
> tubes, a ventilator, 2 nurses and a technician looking after just me, 24
> hours a day. They finally brought me round when I was well enough, and I
> then spent the next 2 weeks learning how breathe, talk, use my hands,
> walk and all the necessary stuff like that.

Julian,

You literally had thousands of people worldwide worrying about you, and
we've been waiting for a message from you. Welcome back!

I spent part of the weekend telling my 7-year-old son about the "Six
Million Dollar Man" and how cool it all was, back in the early/mid 70s.
Reading your description above sounds somewhat similar to what they put
the character through after his big crash. So, gotta ask...can you run
really fast now? And is there a sort of odd, mechanical sound that
happens whenever you do something in slow motion? ;-)

Good to hear you're on the mend. Be thankful too that you have such a
strong family.

Cheers from Vancouver Canada,
Chris