OT: Multiple Outgoing IPs?

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Mon Apr 2 22:00:07 IST 2007

Jim Coates wrote:

> That is a good question, Alex.  I'm not sure which it should be either.
>
> I am assuming the IP of the header domain.
>
> Jim

I don't think there's an easy answer to this.

My own personal choice would be to merge both incoming IPs/domains/etc.
in the box so that it takes e-mail coming in on both IPs and uses
whichever one I choose to be the primary one for outgoing.

I could also see myself running different sendmail processes using
different sendmail.mc's (-> sendmail.cf's) bound to different IP
addresses to keep them procedurally different. I could run a shared (or
separate) MailScanner process for each, with shared .conf's and .rules
(or separate), or using the same MySQL database.