OT: Multiple Outgoing IPs?

Paul Kelly :: Blacknight paul at blacknight.ie
Mon Apr 2 21:30:53 IST 2007

Jim Coates wrote:
> Hey gang...
>
> This is totally off-topic, but I know there are some very smart individuals
> here who might have some ideas for me.
>
> The company I work for recently purchased another company (both companies
> are very small).
>
> Because of how we track bonded sender info and such, I need to have both
> domains (one for each company) sending outgoing mail on different IPs.
>
> Ideally, I don't want to add another mail server and would like to be able
> to take advantage of all the filtering and such that I have enabled on the
> existing *nix based mail server.
>
> I've been told that it is not possible to set outgoing IPs in SendMail, so
> I'm looking for suggestions of how I might be able to make this work.

Could you explain a little bit more as to what you need? I'll ask a
question or two so I can clarify what I think you want to do.

You have an existing scanning machine where domain1.com lives, is that
correct?

You want domain2.com to have its inbound e-mail sent to this box and
have it delivered onto another mailserver by IP address, is that correct?

If you could answer that, I'll see what might work for you.

Paul

--
Paul Kelly
Technical Director