Bounced Mail - DNS Problems?

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Apr 2 09:49:47 IST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Johnny Stork wrote:

> No not yet, mail headers still show the local, non routable ip and local
> machines domain name. Now this server is behind a firewall so does this make
> a difference?

Want to send me off-list a copy of your sendmail.mc AND the current
sendmail.cf ? I can have a look at it.

Include in the private email,  the hostname of your gateway machine, this
means any name you call it and any actually domain name given to your live
ip, any IP's associated with it, any domain names you have set to it
internally (by way of /etc/hosts)

When your server, behind a nat'd gateway, sends out it should be accepted
by the receiver as a live IP (of your NAT box) regardless of what you call
it internally.

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell know what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/