[OT] Sendmail and access file question

Rose, Bobby brose at med.wayne.edu
Sat Sep 30 22:45:46 IST 2006

I've researched this before in the past but I didn't really find
anything about it on the net or the bat book that says 'ay' or 'nay' on
the possibility.  Does anyone know if sendmail's access file can
override the default action based on "both" the mail from and rcpt to or
if a hack exists that allows such definitions?  For example I'm blocking
the domain of evil.remote.domain in the access file but
user at local.domain wants mail from spammer at evil.remote.domain but only
from spammer at evil.remote.domain.  In that example, I'm only aware that I
can either OK spammer at evil.remote.domain and thus allow it to email
everyone or I use the spamfriend rule on user at local.domain which means
he'll get spam from all remote.domains.

I know I can define this kind of rule in Mailscanner but that also means
I have to accept all mail from spammer at evil.remote.domain which leads to
undeliverable bounces and more wasted traffic and cpu cycles.

Thanks for any input.
-=B