about postfix and Mailscanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 20:22:48 IST 2006

On 29/09/06, Drew Marshall <drew at technologytiger.net> wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2006, at 16:46, Cheng Bruce wrote:
>
> > HI Gleen and Drew,
> >
> > Excuse me for my bad expression and thank you for your reminding.
> >
> > Yes, you are right.
> >
> > I just read Fajar's messages and want to know if that function works.
> > But it is not like what I thought, it can't remove specific header
> > which is contained some specific words.
>
> No. If you want that specifically, I would run two Postfix instances.
> One to do your SMTP receipt with one set of header checks, the other
> with the MailScanner hold instruction and listening on another port
> or IP address on your box to do the scanning and delivery.

Yep, one could very well work from my recipe on how to split mails
into one/recipient, found in the wiki... Or any number of similar
howtos stewn all over the web:-)

> > Thank you for your help in this case.
>
> No worries

CC... (pause to sip some wine) chill out and take a drink of your
favourite beverage:-).

--
-- Glenn (Who is starting to sound like the right awful alcoholic... I
assure you, I'm not... Cheers:-)