Large emails being tagged as spam - false positives

Gordon Colyn gordon at itnt.co.za
Thu Sep 28 15:05:41 IST 2006

Here is an example, a legitimate 6.9M email that is classified as spam;

      cached  not
     score=8.424
      8  required
      -3.00 BAYES_00 Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
      0.14 FORGED_RCVD_HELO Received: contains a forged HELO
      0.00 HTML_MESSAGE HTML included in message
      1.82 MISSING_SUBJECT Missing Subject: header
      2.60 RCVD_IN_DSBL Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
      1.95 RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL NJABL: dialup sender did non-local SMTP
      0.72 RCVD_IN_NJABL_PROXY NJABL: sender is an open proxy
      2.05 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address
      2.16 RCVD_IN_SORBS_SOCKS SORBS: sender is open SOCKS proxy server

If possible I would rather not scan emails larger than 200k or give a large
mail score of -10 to ensure no flase positives.

Gordon