SA lint in MailWatch - 158 seconds?!

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Sep 27 22:07:38 IST 2006

Brett Charbeneau spake the following on 9/27/2006 12:56 PM:
> Folks,
>
>     I'm trying to tune my Debian mail server running MailScanner 4.55.10
> - it's a P4 3.2 Ghz with 4GB of RAM. I have mounted MS's incoming
> directory as a tempfs and run a local BIND cache.
>     I'm experiencing some slow delivery and am using MailWatch as one
> tool to keep an eye on the process. In the "Tools/Links" portion of
> MailWatch there is a way to run SpamAssassin Lint with some nice timing
> details.
>     I'm getting 166 seconds or more on the
>
> dbg: config: score set 1 chosen.
>
>     line
>     Does anyone know where I would look to tighten this up? I'm not even
> sure what it refers to...
>     Many thanks!

It refers to the 4 score sets that spamassassin uses;
1)local, 2)net, 3)with bayes, 4)with bayes+net
If you are hitting score set 1, you are not doing  bayes tests, or your bayes
is not able to be loaded. My lints hit in score set 3.
Does your install show any bayes errors?
Or maybe you don't have a sufficiently primed bayes DB.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and