Nagios monitor Sendmail instances

Daniel Maher daniel.maher at ubisoft.com
Tue Sep 26 13:31:45 IST 2006

I don't use sendmail, but the first solution that comes to mind is to write a small bash script that does a "pidof sendmail", and then checks to see how many pids it gets back (two, preferably ;)).

Just define a custom OID in snmpd.conf, then have Nagios poll it.  Done and done.  If you're not using snmpd (hey, it happens), then you're probably using NRPE, in which case you can just define it as a custom trigger there.

Bonne chance. :)

--
  _
 °v°  Daniel Maher

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.