ClamAV-Spamassassin Installation order

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Sat Sep 23 00:01:48 IST 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 23/09/06, Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us> wrote:
>> I know this has been asked before, but searching my archives (the
>> last years worth of mail list posts) turned up nothing, so it gets
>> asked one more time.  At least one more time.
>>
>> When setting up a new MailScanner system, is it perferable to install
>> Julian's spamassassin/clamav combined package before or after
>> MailScanner?
>
> Not that I think it really matters, but I always install the Clam+SA
> package after MailScanner... Don't ask me why, it just happened that
> way the last few times:-). Might be because of this MAQ entry...

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index&s=installation%20orde
r#install

>> Thanks much, have a great weekend all...
>
> Yeahm I'm planning to (replacing a few windows... far away from
> computers...:-)

Thanks.  I know it sets up some configurations for integration
w/MailScanner, saving some manual steps, but don't know if it does any
checks beforehand.  Guess after is probably safest either way...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500