about "Archive Mail"

Cheng Bruce itlist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 12:57:36 IST 2006

Dear all,

>From Searching via Google, I learn some tips and know how to archive
mail. It is more simple than using maildrop to archive mail.

I would like to know how to use "Archive Mail" to do the following
fuctions, please advise me.

Postfix 2.3.2, MailScanner 4.55.10, maildrop, openldap

There are more than 30 domains in my mail server, I use openldap to
handle the acounts, domains and so on.

How can I archive all emails into the backup account except some mailbox ?
Can it use some operator such like not(!) ?

case 1:
Ex: archive all emails into backup at a.com except import1 at a.com and
import2 at a.com, subject with "out of office", "read" and so on...

FromOrTo: *@a.com backup at a.com and !import1 at a.com and !import2 at a.com

I saw someone's web page, he used the following rule
FromOrTo: import1 at a.com no
FromOrTo: import2 at a.com no
FromOrTo: *@a.com backup at a.com

But from my test, the email still went through into import1's mailbox
and import2's mailbox.
I know I can list all accounts which I need to archive, but it will be
in a mess.
Ex:
FromOrTo: A at a.com backup at a.com
FromOrTo: B at a.com backup at a.com
FromOrTo: C at a.com backup at a.com
FromOrTo: B at b.com backup at b.com

.... and on

case 2:
if A's messages need to be forwarded to B, how can I reduce the same
message into the backup account ?
Ex:
FromOrTo: A at a.com yes forward B at a.com
FromOrTo: *@a.com yes forward backup at a.com

Case 3:
Which format is right ?
In searching via google, I saw the some different format in ruleset.
Ex:
FromOrTo: A at a.com yes forward B at a.com
FromOrTo: A at a.com    B at a.com
FromOrTo: A at a.com    /home/archive
FromOrTo: A at a.com    /home/archive/backup.mbx
FromOrTo: A at a.com  yes forward  /home/archive/
FromOrTo: A at a.com  yes forward  /home/archive/backup.mbx
which one is correct ? or both are right?
Them seems to be worked, but I would like to know the most correct
format in new version.

By the way, where can I find the format of  "Archive Mail" ?

Please advise me and thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Bruce