Will high whitelist row count adversely affect performance?

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Fri Sep 22 01:16:16 IST 2006

Actually if you do "default" whitelisting you can certainly create
holes. I mostly do (there are only a few exceptions) IP whitelists and
Specific from and to whitelists. Meaning the whitelist must have a
specific fully qualified to address to accompany the from address or
domain. That way only one user can get slamed by their request.
External peoples (not my users) cannot request (actually gets ignored)
any whitelisting.

By using mailwatch and allowing the users to manage their own
whitelists, it (mailwatch) forces the To: address to be theis and they
can't change that. So a single user and mess themselves up, but not
others.

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham: ka6lsw
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt, Equip, UW Photographer,
Gas Blender

Owner: Kepnet Internet Services

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"