Found a small bug in MailScanner.pm

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Fri Sep 22 00:53:37 IST 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:37:01 -0700
  Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>Holger Gebhard spake the following on 9/21/2006 3:00 PM:
>> Hi Julian,
>>
>> i found a small bug in MailScanner.pm (sub HandleSpamBounce)...
>> With the current code no Spambounce can be send... Results in a
>> malformed message ;-)
>>
>> Current:
>>
>> # Boring untainting again...
>> /(.*)/;
>> $emailmsg .= MailScanner::Config::DoPercentVars($line) . "\n";
>> $line = eval "\"$1\"";
>>
>> Must be:
>>
>> # Boring untainting again...
>> /(.*)/;
>> $line = eval "\"$1\"";
>> $emailmsg .= MailScanner::Config::DoPercentVars($line) . "\n";
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Holger
>>
>Since spam bouncing is a BAD idea, I don't think that Julian is in a
>real
>hurry to fix that one ;-)

Maybe too why it wasn't found before!
BAD function, BAD

>--
>
>MailScanner is like deodorant...
>You hope everybody uses it, and
>you notice quickly if they don't!!!!
>
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham: ka6lsw
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt, Equip, UW Photographer,
Gas Blender

Owner: Kepnet Internet Services

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"