Wiki semi-operational...

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 21:19:48 IST 2006

On 21/09/06, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Glenn Steen wrote:
> > On 20/09/06, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've done your previous suggestion. Everything under data is writable by
> >> everyone or owned by apache.
> >> Still having trouble? If so, I'm stuck.
> >>
> > Ah, progress, of a kind:-)
> >
> > Checking do=check on the page[1] now gives:
> > DokuWiki version: Release 2006-03-09b
> > PHP version 4.4.2
> > Changelog is writable
> > Datadir is writable
> > Attic is writable
> > Mediadir is writable
> > Cachedir is writable
> > conf/users.auth.php is writable
> > mb_string extension not available - PHP only replacements will be used
> > Debugging support is disabled
> > Your current permission for this page is 15
> > The current page is not writable by the webserver
> > The current page is not writable you
> > .... while all else is writable by me (yes, I am logged on, as can be
> > seen by the above (permission == 15)).
> > So it seems that you've missed one:-). That file is <DW root, wherever
> > you put
> > it>/data/pages/documentation/configuration/mta/postfix/how_to:split_mails_per_recipient.txt
> >
> Don't understand how that didn't get done, I did a chmod -R to do it...

Either an ownership missmatch or gremlins... I'd vote for gremlins:-)
All fixed now it seems, so... I'm a happy customer:).

> > You did clear out the cahce too?
> Yes.
I find this seems to be a good thing to do whenever I move/manually
change things in any DW. Beats me as to why it would have an effect on
response times, but it seems to.
Very responsive now.

--
-- Glenn