OOT: Pyzor discovery problem

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Fri Sep 15 18:51:47 IST 2006

Martin Hepworth wrote:

>  From what I can see pyzor is having problems...there's only one server
> and I can never "pyzor ping" it...always times out and I've not had a
> pyzor score in my spam for weeks...
>
> I know certain people have offered some server space/bandwidth to the
> maintainer but the offer doesn't seem to have been taken up...
>
> I'm considering turning it off and getting razor2 going instead (i've
> already got dcc)

There is an alternative pyzor server at
82.94.255.100:24441
just put that in your .pyzor/servers file manually.

I too run pyzor with dcc and razor, but I don't think it's overkill.  Pyzor and Razor
  are similar, but dcc is completely different.

I think the server above is provided by a frustrated pyzor user, but I'm not sure if
it syncs to the real pyzor server or if pyzor clients report to it directly.  I do
know it is a more reliable connection, and I see pyzor hits in my logs.

Mark Nienberg