OOT: Pyzor discovery problem

Martin Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Fri Sep 15 09:22:56 IST 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 15/09/06, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> (snip)
>> Might be a file that's corrupted... Try doing the discover (and a
>> subsequent ping) to some other directory. If that works, simple remove
>> the old and redo, if not, well... then I suppose a reinstall is in
>> order (which would rewrite any corrupted files). You shouldn't need
>> disable pyzor, bu... better safe than sorry, I suppose:-).
>> IIRC doing discoveries all the time (well, once per day:-) isn't
>> really necessary with pyzor... Unless I remember wrong there only is
>> one server, and thats the way things are. So one could well hold of
>> with the discoveries until one sees that pyzor just don't work:-).
>>
>> A philosophical musing one could have is on the reliability of a
>> service that only have one central server ... :-). Puts all those
>> "TimoutErrors" into perspective:-)
>>
> (Yeah yeah... me proving I'm a postfix user, by replying to myself:-)
>
> If this is due to fs corruption, you should (of course) endevor to do
> some fsck'ing... Even journalised filesystems (read "ext3") might need
> that from time to time...

 From what I can see pyzor is having problems...there's only one server
and I can never "pyzor ping" it...always times out and I've not had a
pyzor score in my spam for weeks...

I know certain people have offered some server space/bandwidth to the
maintainer but the offer doesn't seem to have been taken up...

I'm considering turning it off and getting razor2 going instead (i've
already got dcc)

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator