OOT: Pyzor discovery problem

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 08:20:36 IST 2006

On 15/09/06, Budi Febrianto <febrianto at sioenasia.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the OTT.
>
> I use pyzor in spamassassin and run ferfectly well, catch spam that slip
> from rbl list, but today I see some error log.
> When I run it manual, it give this error log.
>
> [xxx at yyy ~]# pyzor --homedir /etc/mail/pyzor discover
> downloading servers from
> http://pyzor.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/inform-servers-0-3-x
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/pyzor", line 4, in ?
>     pyzor.client.run()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyzor/client.py", line 934, in run
>     ExecCall().run()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyzor/client.py", line 178, in run
>     self.servers  = self.get_servers(servers_fn)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyzor/client.py", line 393, in
> get_servers
>     servers.read(open(servers_fn))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyzor/client.py", line 123, in
> read
>     self.append(pyzor.Address.from_str(line))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyzor/__init__.py", line 458, in
> from_str
>     fields[1] = int(fields[1])
> IndexError: list index out of range
>
> I have to disable pyzor until I fix the problem. Should I reinstall pyzor
> again?
>
> TIA.

Might be a file that's corrupted... Try doing the discover (and a
subsequent ping) to some other directory. If that works, simple remove
the old and redo, if not, well... then I suppose a reinstall is in
order (which would rewrite any corrupted files). You shouldn't need
disable pyzor, bu... better safe than sorry, I suppose:-).
IIRC doing discoveries all the time (well, once per day:-) isn't
really necessary with pyzor... Unless I remember wrong there only is
one server, and thats the way things are. So one could well hold of
with the discoveries until one sees that pyzor just don't work:-).

A philosophical musing one could have is on the reliability of a
service that only have one central server ... :-). Puts all those
"TimoutErrors" into perspective:-)

--
-- Glenn