MailScanner stopping

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 22:56:08 IST 2006

On 13/09/06, Kevin Miller <Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us> wrote:
(snip)
> Thanks Glenn.  As it turns out, I just made that mistake in what I
> posted here.  I tried it out on my servers and they worked as advertised
> (that's how I knew the newline wasn't working right).  I probably copied
> from the editor prior to a bit of cleanup.  By a stroke of luck all my
> servers looked fine when I checked them just now.
:) I always tend to emphasise "skill" over "luck"... Especially when
its time for the anual raise:-)
> Not sure I'd want a counter in there since the idea is to be absolutely
> sure that everything is shut down bere restarting.

The thinking is that you'd set the counter so that you wouldn't hang
forever, but still extend the wait period dynamically, and reasonably.
Then again, one can always kill it (or <Ctrl>-<c>:-).

> Appreciate the clarification none the less, as I was thinking they were
> just comment delimeters similar to the # sign.  Learn something new
> every day...
Indeed.
The newline thing is probably "init magic" then:-). Do you run it
through "service ..." or similar?

--
-- Glenn