OT: Backup MX

Green, Rodney rgreen at trayerproducts.com
Wed Sep 13 14:09:52 IST 2006

Hello,

We recently had a day of downtime for our Internet connection. We don't
have a backup MX to queue mail while our  mail server is unreachable.

My question is this. If I were to get a DSL connection setup and connect
a backup DNS server and backup MX server, would there be a way
for users to access incoming mail that is queued on the backup MX? How
is something like this normally handled? We rely on e-mail here and
need some sort of backup plan if our main connection goes down.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Rod

believed to be clean.