Spamcop.net RBL blocking emails by mistake?

John Rudd jrudd at ucsc.edu
Wed Sep 13 00:00:06 IST 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 15:02, Res wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, John Rudd wrote:
>>> There is no way you can guarantee this in this day and age,
>>> regardless of if you have 100 or 100K students, regardless of your
>>> setup, to think otherwise shows complete ignorance of modern day
>>> capabilities.
>>
>> We're in between quarters.  The students aren't here right now.  The
>> dorms (our residential network, where the student machines would be)
>> are empty, and "resnet" isn't allowed to relay through our MX servers
>> anyway.  Care to try again?
>
> you stated in the past, you enver said recently, I also find it
> amusing you did not say this in the first place

Just giving you all the rope you needed to to hang yourself with
ignorant assertions.  It's not my job to keep you from making unfounded
assertions by feeding you every fact about a situation, it's your job
to not make unfounded assertions when you don't have all of the facts
... and to know when you don't have enough facts about a situation to
make assertions about it.

I didn't need to say recently.  I merely said that I could rule out
that students caused it.  I don't need to provide an encyclopedia of
justifications for a mailing list discussion (as opposed to a formal
paper or court case, or something).  Though, if you had requested
support for it, instead of insulting the myself and the claim, perhaps
I would have done that instead of allowing you to make an ass of
yourself.

However, I agree that this sub-thread has become a waste of time.