allow password protected archives

Martin Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Tue Sep 12 09:22:24 IST 2006

fname lname wrote:
> I want my site to Allow password zip files and I have the setting set to:
>
> Allow Password-Protected Archives = yes
>
> but its is still blocking the zip files, how can  i debug this or make
> this work?
>
> Password protected file ./k8B4g895022532/1.zip/index.html
> Virus Scanning: Sophos found 1 infections
Hi

this is Sophos blocking the attachment as it couldn't scan it, so to be
safe its saying it's infected.

In MailScanner.conf edit the setting "Allowed Sophos Error Messages" and
make sure "Password protected file" is in the list... for example here's
my setting for this..

Allowed Sophos Error Messages = "corrupt", "format not supported", "File
was encrypted", "The main body of virus data is out of date", "Password
protected file"

(All in one line, in case in gets split buy various email programs)

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.