BETA: Max SpamAssassin Size for sendmail and Postfix

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Mon Sep 11 20:04:28 IST 2006

On Mon, September 11, 2006 12:09, Alex Broens wrote:
> Though & wish: apply the VERY simple spamc method: "max msg size" and
> save lots of cpu time and potential FPs avoiding scanning even chuncks
> of oversized msgs.
> (incidentaly scanning chuncks breaks some plugins, full & rawbody
> rules,
> etc)

Interestingly Messagelabs does just this:

   size

Please note this is made as an observation. I don't understand enough
about all the different SA rules to appreciate what the best choice
is (Yet!). Certainly I understand the issues of DoS and indeed the
potential of missing large spam messages but I can also see the
possible benefits of not scanning very large messages at all for some
of my very old and underpowered machines, so I am following this
debate with a keen interest.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy