Hold queue question

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 09:34:27 IST 2006

On 9 Sep 2006, at 09:36, Glenn Steen wrote:

> On 08/09/06, Green, Rodney <rgreen at trayerproducts.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using Postfix with MailScanner. Can someone tell me what would
>> happen if I were to release (using postsuper -H queueid) a message in
>> the hold queue?
>> Would that message bypass MailScanner?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rod
>>
> I haven't tested this Rod, but that is very likely what would happen,
> since you'd effectively move the message over to the deferred queue
> (which is the domain of the qmgr... and happens after MailScanner...).
> Why would you want to do that?

I'm not even sure the message would stay in the hold queue with out
MailScanner picking it up and processing it. In a MailScanner
installation, better to do your message 'holding' with the
MailScanner quarantine via a ruleset.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy